Repository Fringe 2017 will take place at the John McIntyre Conference Centre within the Pollock Halls complex to the south of Edinburgh city centre.
Pollock Halls are a short bus ride away from the University of Edinburgh’s Central campus and 2 miles from Edinburgh Waverley Station.
- Address: Pollock Halls, 18 Holyrood Park Rd, Edinburgh EH16 5AY
- Nearest Train Station: Edinburgh Waverley
- Nearest Bus Stops: Pollock Halls is served by Lothian Buses numbers 14, 30, 33. If arriving into Edinburgh Waverley these services can be picked up from the North Bridge or from any bus stop with buses heading east on Princes Street. More information can be found on the Lothian Buses website. See network map and journey planner to help you get from A to B. £1.60 is the standard adult one-trip fare. You’ll need exact change.
- A taxi from Edinburgh Waverley will take around 10 minutes.
- Wifi: Accessible via Keysurf
As the event coincides with the start of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, accommodation will be in high demand so we recommend that you book as early as possible.
A map of suggested nearby accommodation is available.
As many hotels will have limited availability for this period we recommend exploring the University of Edinburgh’s own accommodation options, run through Edinburgh First. These include the Masson House and Salisbury Green Hotels, the Kenneth Mackenzie B&B and other self-catered apartments and student halls, all of which are located conveniently close to the Central Campus. Check availability and book via the Edinburgh First accommodation booking page.
Finding the venue:
Registration will be at the desk inside the concourse. You don’t need to bring your ticket, just tell us who you are and let us know if you have any questions. The desk will be manned by various Repository Fringe organisers throughout the event for questions, help, etc.
The drinks reception will be held at the Salisbury Arms just outside of the Pollock Halls complex at 58 Dalkeith Road, EH16 5AD. Places for the drinks reception are limited to 100 due to space and are allocated on a first come basis. Thanks to the support of Figshare, all delegates with a ticket for the drinks reception are entitled to two free drinks and snacks!
Those with a place at the drinks reception will have a spot on their delegate badges – so please make sure you are still wearing your badge on arrival at the drinks reception where you will be given drinks vouchers.